Friday 1 May 2009

Comment 7




To be honest I can't stand Russell Brand. I liked him at first, like when he did Big Brothers Big Mouth for example, but now he is just irritating!

I totally agree with what Sophie is saying though. He is either a "love" or "hate" character and I was also surprised to find him missing from the list of bad comedians mentioned in the lecture.

Russell Brand is very well known for being an extrovert in the way he acts, speaks and the way he presents himself to others. I can see how and why people would find him offensive, especially after the scandal with Andrew Sachs.

There were quite a few comedians which I considered to be offensive that were not commented on in the lecture and to be honest I was rather disappointed by it. I didn't know any of the bad comedians that were being presented as bad. Maybe this was because I'm only 19, so they were a bit before my time, but after speaking to a few other people, they didn't seem to know who was being spoken about either.


No comments:

Post a Comment