Thursday 7 May 2009

Questionaire

Age? 19
Sex? Female
What is your degree subject (both if joint)? Religious Studies and Philosophy
Does ‘Being Bad’ relate well to the other modules you are taking? It has been my favourite subject that I have taken throughout the year. I learnt quite alot from it and I would definately do it again.
If so, how? And if not, why not?
Have you found ‘Being Bad’ too demanding, too easy, or at an appropriate level? I have found the module to be at an appropriate level. I believe that the blogging requires commitment by the student and so it is a good way of marking a student. The lectures varied in the level in which they were approriate, some being better than others, however, overall I thought it was fine.
Do you think the list of topics covered on the module was appropriate? I liked the variety of topics covered in the module. There were certain topics that surprised me and challenged my views on things, but I have made this obvious in my blog.
Are there any topics not included in the module that you would like to see included? I would think that Reality T.V or Fox Hunting would a good subjects.
Do you think that the format for classes has worked well? I think the variety of lecture topics worked well, but I didn't like the change of lecturer every week. I think I would of learnt better with one lecturer or a couple teaching the entire module.
What did you think of the module team? See above.
Do you think it would have been better to have had more:
Small group discussions? Not in our particular group, as it just allowed people to go off topic, rather than focusing on the lecture topic.
Discussion and debate among the class as a whole? I felt that there was plenty of this, especially as people got more confident towards the end. I enjoyed listening to what others had to say and recording my own thoughts.
Information and talk from lecturers? I didn't get many handouts, especially from the lectures that were towards the end of the module. I like hand outs as they review the progress. I would of liked more of these.
The approach taken in the module is interdisciplinary (drawing on perspectives from English Literature, Film Studies, Creative Writing, Philosophy, Media Studies and Politics): do you think this a useful way of approaching the topics covered in the module? Yes, as it adds variety.
Do you think that interdisciplinary modules are a good idea? I thought this particular module was good, I wouldnt like to comment on others. But from this experience...yes I do.
Do you think you have benefited from the interdisciplinary approach taken in the module? Yes, as it allowed me to hear views from outside of my specific philosophy course.
Would you like to see more modules that cover this kind of subject matter? Yes.
Are you planning to take the follow-up module PH2004 ‘It Shouldn’t Be Allowed’ at level 2? Most definatly.
Would you recommend ‘Being Bad’ to a friend? I already have. Many actually.
Do you think that the blogs (web logs) were a good idea? I have throughly enjoyed doing my blog, so much so, I am going to continue writing in it when the blog has been archived. I have also created another blog in my blogger account to record my feelings. I thought they were a great way to test the commitment of students, because you could not post more than once a day. Great Idea!
What did you think of the other assessments (e.g. would it be better to have one longer assessment rather than two shorter ones?)? I would of prefered a longer assessment due in at the middle of the course. As our blog date conflicts with the hand in date for the second assessment as well as the rest of my pieces for the Religious Studies modules. I found it difficult to compress all my informationand opinions into a small assignment.
What have you learned from the module? I have learnt to challenge my morals, and reflect on what I believe.
What parts of the module have you found most useful and why? --
What parts do you think were a waste of time and why? Bad Comedians. I couldn't relate to it at all. I didn't know any of the comedians that were being spoken about.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lady
    I'm Eduardo or Ed (if you prefer), Im a lawyier and live in Brazil. I liked so much your Blog.
    Your texts are very interesting. Philosopy is an art of write and talk.
    Send me a e-mail on eduardoferreira55@gmail.com
    Perhaps we could be friends on this greath world of non senses.
    Thaks for atention
    Kisses
    Eduardo Oliveira Ferreira, 21 years old, from Brasil.

    ReplyDelete