Saturday 2 May 2009

Stalking


You can't make somebody love you, you can only stalk them and hope for the best...


At first thought stalking is bad. But if we look deeper into the characteristics of stalking, we can often relate to a couple of them. I must say that I am guilty of being slightly obsessive about a certain band - McFly. I love them - but - do I stalk them?

I have camped overnight outside a venue that they would be visiting, in order to get a signature [which I did, if you were wondering], I follow them round on every tour they play, and I have a lot of the official McFly merchandise.

This could be classed as a mild form of stalking! And to hear this makes me feel slightly uneasy.

In some cases, there is people who act even more obsessive than I do, whether it be with McFly or some other band/celebrity, but whichever way we look at it and however extreme it is, it is still stalking!

As a country, we are obsessed with celebrity culture and see nothing wrong with it. But surely these people, who are basically the same as you and I, deserve some privacy. It wouldn't kill us if we didn't know the colour of Britney's underwear on Thursday or if we failed to account the exact time, to the perfect second, that Amy Winehouse went into rehab.

Think for a moment, how many celebrities have you begged for a signature, how many times have you camped out for the new Harry Potter book or bought something because a rapper had their name printed onto it? I'm positive it would make you feel a little bit uneasy.

Stalking also has the potential to become evil. People will go to great lengths to victimise someone else in order to get what they want.

So, after analysing the evidence.

Stalking must be bad.

Right, I'm off to see McFly ;) Byee x


No comments:

Post a Comment