Wednesday 29 April 2009

Gossip


Could our use of language be bad?
Our communication is often used to express negativity, whether it be foul language or spreading gossip about people.
Whichever way we look at it, the spreading of gossip is seen as a bad thing.
Personally I think it is fair to say that we spread gossip about people, because it makes us feel better about ourselves. Gossip is generally seen as a bad thing as it can often stem from lies and in some cases, emotionally hurt the victim.
As you will of noticed, further down my blog I have written a couple of paragraphs on why lying is bad, so consequently I believe that gossip is also bad. However, I am not denying the fact that I contribute in gossip-ridden conversations. I do. And most of the time I cannot help myself and I have to join in certain conversations even though I know that they are bad. I guess it's because I'm a women. Hehe.
It is far more justified for people to gossip in modern society, because we have the media to influence our views and lifestyle. The media which includes the television and glossy magazines develop our skills.

http://people.howstuffworks.com/gossip1.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment